Dismiss this notice
Hey there, welcome to MetaWoW please Create an account to access the entire forum.

Transmog Farm Old Dungeons / Raids that are still profitable in 2017 for Transmog Looted Item Value
Before you start transmog farming there is an essential addon you must get which makes your life a lot easier when it comes to knowing which loot is worth something and what is trash.

Download it here: 

Hidden Content
You must
You must post a reply below to unlock this link
or
to view this content.

In terms of the most valuable transmog, the further you go back in time the better, really.

The classic raids and instances drop plenty of BoE, but more importantly, they have a chance to drop particular items, gear from desirable transmog sets, BoE world epics and the like.Now, transmog farming is definitely a massive time sink and for it to pay off you have to be both very patient and lucky, but it is definitely a lot of fun for me personally.

The main raids that I run are basically AQ20, BWL and Molten Core. Of these, AQ 20 seems to have the best loot table and most consistent drops, plus you can do a nice little circuit around the whole raid and end up back at the start for a fast reset. In here there is a chance that many items from rare sets will drop, including glorious and Vanguard items.

For classic instances, really anything except Deadmines and Stockades I've found to be worth running, particularly through the higher level instances. Things like: Dire Maul, Uldaman, Maraudon, Zul'Farrak and Blackfathom Deeps. I should also point out instances like Gnomeregan and Shadowfang Keep for the chance of dropping some really rare items.

Uldaman is my go-to instance because it has a chance of dropping some stupidly rare items such as Stonevault Bonebreaker, Papal Fez, and the as-yet so rare that it might not even drop anymore, Miner's Hat of the Deep.
Like I said, it is a big time investment to run instances enough to get good items to sell, but I personally love doing so and the thrill of finally getting a rare piece of gear can't be matched! Good luck.

If luck isn't on your side, then just run Catacalysm 25 man HC for that sweet raw gold and vendor all your loot.

ICC normal can be really lucrative. The Lich King can drop a pet worth a lot. Most player farm ICC heroic, because they try to get the mount. But on heroic he drops a different pet (Normal -> Drudge Ghoul ~50-60k; heroic -> wicked soul ~2-4k).

If you want raw gold in a very short time, try Trial of the crusader 25 -> +- 1k (and chance of the pet snobold runt -> 35-45k) and Terrace of the endless spring 25 (both are really fast, nearly no trash and you don´t need to walk through a huge raid).
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to Phoen1x for this post:
  • 911, nidofu, spellcrafter, sw_TAB, toxihixe
Thanks for sharing your tips
Thank you for the guide
reply reply reply
yeah id like to see the addon
Thanks my friend.
samkdfsakfjaskçl
thx for the post
(06-24-2017, 05:44 AM)Thanks Phoen1x Wrote:
Before you start transmog farming there is an essential addon you must get which makes your life a lot easier when it comes to knowing which loot is worth something and what is trash.

Download it here: 

In terms of the most valuable transmog, the further you go back in time the better, really.

The classic raids and instances drop plenty of BoE, but more importantly, they have a chance to drop particular items, gear from desirable transmog sets, BoE world epics and the like.Now, transmog farming is definitely a massive time sink and for it to pay off you have to be both very patient and lucky, but it is definitely a lot of fun for me personally.

The main raids that I run are basically AQ20, BWL and Molten Core. Of these, AQ 20 seems to have the best loot table and most consistent drops, plus you can do a nice little circuit around the whole raid and end up back at the start for a fast reset. In here there is a chance that many items from rare sets will drop, including glorious and Vanguard items.

For classic instances, really anything except Deadmines and Stockades I've found to be worth running, particularly through the higher level instances. Things like: Dire Maul, Uldaman, Maraudon, Zul'Farrak and Blackfathom Deeps. I should also point out instances like Gnomeregan and Shadowfang Keep for the chance of dropping some really rare items.

Uldaman is my go-to instance because it has a chance of dropping some stupidly rare items such as Stonevault Bonebreaker, Papal Fez, and the as-yet so rare that it might not even drop anymore, Miner's Hat of the Deep.
Like I said, it is a big time investment to run instances enough to get good items to sell, but I personally love doing so and the thrill of finally getting a rare piece of gear can't be matched! Good luck.

If luck isn't on your side, then just run Catacalysm 25 man HC for that sweet raw gold and vendor all your loot.

ICC normal can be really lucrative. The Lich King can drop a pet worth a lot. Most player farm ICC heroic, because they try to get the mount. But on heroic he drops a different pet (Normal -> Drudge Ghoul ~50-60k; heroic -> wicked soul ~2-4k).

If you want raw gold in a very short time, try Trial of the crusader 25 -> +- 1k (and chance of the pet snobold runt -> 35-45k) and Terrace of the endless spring 25 (both are really fast, nearly no trash and you don´t need to walk through a huge raid).
Thanks for the guide
thanks a lot my guy
Thanks a lot! Trying it tonight
thank you for the guide
A really great guide u did!
Hoping for more!
Thanks for the guide!