Dismiss this notice
Hey there, welcome to MetaWoW please Create an account to access the entire forum.

Pokemon Go Insane Prestige Farming Hyper-level gyms (requires group)
So, I guess a lot of you guys are playing Pokemon Go if you aren't living under a rock.
Thought I might sharea  little trick me and a few friends are doing.

So 5 of us were capping the towns gyms tonight and we found a great way to level the gyms up with very little effort.

1) Take the gym and place a strong pokemon on it which everyone else (including the person placing the pokemon) all have strong counters to that pokemon (eg, put a fire pokemon on the gym when everyone has water available).

2) Get the easy levels first, usually gym level 4 or 5 by having your friends beat that single pokemon repeatedly.

3) Now to power the final level quickly and easily, the person who placed the original pokemon needs to fight it with a guaranteed win pokemon. The others then go to the "place pokemon" screen and wait until the fight is 80-90% done.

4) Just before the killing blow is done, they all place their pokemon on the gym.

5) Grats, the 1v1 battle now gets rewarded as if that 1 pokemon has just beaten 3 or 4 (usually with much higher levels also), giving tens of thousands in prestige.

Example of tonight.

Player 1 put a flareon on the gym
Players 2,3,4,5 battled the flareon easily and got the gym to level 4
Player 1 battles his own flareon with a vaporeon 
When the flareon is near death (10-20% hp left) Players 2, 3 and 4 placed their selected pokemon for that gym
Player 1 wins the fight
Player 1 is awarded thousands in gym prestige, gym is now level 5, nearly level 6
Player 5 places pokemon
------

I have written over 350+ guides for World of Warcraft on this forum. 
If my content has helped you and you wish to support me, please check the Donate option on the top of the site menu.