Dismiss this notice
Hey there, welcome to MetaWoW please Create an account to access the entire forum.

How I Farmed all Rare Mounts in WoW Within a Week [TLPD, Aeonaxx, VoidTalon etc]
With this method, you can make an almost empty shard for yourself to camp or scout for these rare spawns.
I got all these mounts within a week since WoW is almost dead right now and people are waiting for 8.1.
I had a friend with me who also needed the mounts and having a friend helps, but is not necessary.
Below you can see my mounts favourite list in game with rare spawn mounts:
Great Greytusk (Gorok), Long-Forgotten Hippogryph, Mottled Meadowstomper (Luk'hok), Phosphorescent Stone Drake (Aeonaxx), Sapphire Riverbeast (Silthide), Subdued Seahorse (Poseidus), Sunhide Gronnling (Poundfist), Time-Lost Proto-Drake, Voidtalon of the Dark Star

[Image: d4c0b628bbc7f1144c9f3caf9365fa9e.png]

We will be making Trial characters, but Blizzard has somewhat fixed most of the stuff you can farm with trials. With the introduction of CRZ + Sharding and Removal of cross zone server hops, it's more hard than before, but read on, I'll show you how to beat the system.

You can have 12 class trials per account and make 4 per hour. Class trials only are available for 3 hours of /played time. After you reached this, delete and remake the character
Class trials can only be used to find and loot select open-world rares including Camels, Voidtalon, Warbringers, Alani, LFH, and WoD Rares as well as Garrison Bosses.

Class trials cannot loot Poseidus, Aeonaxx, TLPD, or Huolon. They can, however, be used to phase over a non-trial character via the Premade Group Finder tool in-game so that you may successfully kill and loot the rare. 

Addons that you absolutely need for this method:

You must post a reply below to unlock this link

Being Smart about which Realms to make Class trials on

We will be making class trials on RP realms obviously because they are immune to sharding, but with only 12 trials on your account, you need to be smart about which realms you make them on. 
Some RP realms are connected with each other, I will give you a list below of all RP realms and realms connected to them use this info combined with the realm pop in the game and realmpop website to choose the best server to make trial on. 
Shards for warmode on and off are different, but I highly recommend warmode Off as default setting since most people on RP realms in those rare spawn zones are levelling and they prefer doing it with WM On.
Don't make 2 characters on 2 different realms that are connected.
Since I play on EU, I will Bold the servers I recommend from my experience where I found most rares to be up.

RP Realms on US Solo and Connected list:

WyrmrestAccord (dont make trial here, high pop rp realm)
MoonGuard (dont make trial here, high pop rp realm)
EarthenRing
ArgentDawn, TheScryers
BlackwaterRaiders, ShadowCouncil
Feathermoon, Scarlet Crusade
CenarionCircle , SistersofElune
Farstriders, SilverHand, ThoriumBrotherhood (dont make trial here, high pop rp realms)
KirinTor, Sentinels, SteamwheedleCartel
EmeraldDream (dont make trial here, high pop rp realm)
Ravenholdt, TwistingNether
Lightninghoof, Maelstrom, TheVentureCo.

RP Realms on EU Solo and Connected list:

English:
Moonglade, Steamwheedle Cartel , The Sha'tar
Darkmoon Faire, Earthern Ring
Argent Dawn
Defias Brotherhood, Ravenholdt, Scarshield Legion, Sporeggar, The Venture Co

German:
Die ewige Wacht, Die Silberne Hand
Todeswache, Zirkel des Cenarius
Der Mithrilorden, Der Rat von Dalaran
Die Nachtwache, Forscherliga
Die Aldor
Das Konsortium, Das Syndikat, Der Abyssische Rat, Die Arguswacht, Die Todeskrallen, Kult der Verdammten

French:
Confrérie du Thorium , Les Clairvoyants, Les Sentinelles
Kirin Tor
Conseil des Ombres, Culte de la Rive noire, La Croisade écarlate

I have bolded 7 RP realms for EU where I would recommend making a trial character, if you have a friend(s) with you, you could cover every single one of them. 

With that info out of the way, some of my tips are as follows:
  • I recommend making the trial character as Mages, submitting the BfA start quest and accepting + skipping the scenario quest gives you enough gold to buy portal to old Dalaran. You can go deepholm and grind mobs to afford the stormshield portal as well.
  • I was the most unlucky with TLPD, I killed 21 Vyragosa before TLPD spawned for me, by the 21st kill I managed to get the timer down to a T. Basically after the server reset, every 6 hours take around using your trial characters using Zygor's recommended tlpd path, or use some of the paths found online (just Google em). Yes, I killed 21 Vyragosa in a single week!
  • Shards for Warmode on and off are different, I highly recommend warmode off.
  • In the above list of mounts, you can't loot with trials, having a friend helps. When you find the rare, invite your friend make him the party leader and logoff, he tags it you log on come with your main and join the party and you tag it and loot.
  • Warlock's Deathbolt talent and Foxicopter Toy are the only two things that can safely tag without killing all other toys that used to work no longer do after 8.0.1.
  • Having a mage friend who can port your trials to draenor is helpful, if you don't have a mage friend, you can log in to your main server and note down the names of all mages online in stormwind/orgrimmar, log in to your trial char and whisper them (w/charactername-realm) and ask them politely to make a portal for stormshield draenor.
  • If you have zero friends who want to camp TLPD with you, here's how you zone your main character in once you find TLPD with your trial. Follow the steps very carefully:
    Hidden Content
    You must
    or
    to view this content.

How to Get Voidtalon of the Dark Star using Class Trials:

You can enter the portal, accept the scenario as well as loot the mount with a trial character, here are spawn timer, camp route and some tips to camp for the portal:

Hidden Content
You must
or
to view this content.

Mounts obtainable using class trials (You can camp, kill, loot and learn all on class trial character)
  • Alani 
  • Voidtalon 
  • Grey Riding Camel 
  • Long-Forgotten Hippogryph 
  • Draenor Rares 
  • Garrison Bosses 
  • Warbringers 
Mounts unobtainable using class trials (You can camp, kill But not loot and learn on a class trial character)
  • Time-Lost Proto-Drake
  • Aeonaxx 
  • Poseidus 
  • Huolon
  • Tanaan Rares 
  • World Bosses
  • Argus Rares
This method isn't just confined to farming mounts, you can use a trial character to phase in your main character to an empty shard. Use your imagination what can you do if you had an empty zone all for yourself? Here are some things I've done:

Hidden Content
You must
or
to view this content.

If you have any more tips that you could do in an empty zone, I'd love to hear them!
If You've found the mount you wanted for so long using this method, please edit your comment and mention it, I'll try to include them below, helping you guys get the mounts is the reason I took the time to make this guide and seeing screenshots/your experiences makes it worth it!

Member Screenshots/Experiences/Feedback:

\First_FLT' Comment #10 Wrote:Thanks, worked amazing for me!
\Dreadpaw' Comment #23 Wrote:thanks for this!
it works !
\InvincibleReign' Comment #28 Wrote:Replying to see the content, hope if find a TLPD been camping the bad boy since Cata Sad

EDIT: I HAVE NO WORDS BUT THANK YOU!!!!!

[Image: 61b9cd82564df7bd592f0031bc864e6b.png]

I created my first trial on the first recommended RP realm on EU from this post, learnt mage dalaran portal and my heart skipped when I found tlpd just flying in front of me i woke my friend up from sleep called him waited for him to boot up the pc login get near me to tag so i can login from my main and tag. this took around 10 mins and every second my palms were sweaty from exitement and fear that someone will kill it and tlpd was still up noone killed him. coming from tarren mill server when i go ulduar i can see so many ppl camping tlpd spawn points and to just see him roaming around in rp realms is simple unbelievable! thank you again for this method, Ill try to get missing wod mounts as well
\firedisc' Comment #34 Wrote:Thanks I'll check this out!

Update I got Voidtalon mount!! I camped the portals back in draenor with a friend and got so jealous of him that he got it and I didn't back then and i finally got it I simply am lost for words. I made 5 trials and logged in every hour to check, got it within 6 hours I posted this comment to check the method.
[Image: 20181207_220342.jpg]
\Herkeza' Comment #38 Wrote:Well, I've already gotten Pathrunner using this method on a US realm. I'm fingers crossed and hopeful for the others, replying to see the surprise information Wink

Faithlessly Comment #54 Wrote:Replying to see content, will update if it works for me.

EDIT: I'm absolutely amazed. Within 1 hour I have most mounts from Draenor INCLUDING VOIDTALON! I love this post! Thank you so much!
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Phoen1x for this post:
  • Gamabunta, InvincibleReign, zexurth
thanks for this!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to veny123 for this post:
  • zexurth
thanks for this!
Thanks for this guide mate, I hope it helps, Im gonna try it!
Interesting, will try to out.
(11-25-2018, 09:57 PM)veny123 Wrote:
thanks for this!

Thx too
(12-02-2018, 07:19 PM)xytrass Wrote:
thanks for this!

Thx too

(12-02-2018, 07:19 PM)xytrass Wrote:
thanks for this!

Thx too
Sounds interesting enough
Thanks, worked amazing for me!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to First_FLT for this post:
  • Phoen1x
You must post a reply below to unlock this link.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ZUPPA for this post:
  • fangsaflash
Thanks for putting this together!
thanks for this!
Thanks for the information!
Thanks for this from an avid mount collector