Dismiss this notice
Hey there, welcome to MetaWoW please Create an account to access the entire forum.

Battle for Azeroth Prepatch (8.0) Release Date & Survival Guide Changes Coming
When does the BFA Prepatch (8.0 Patch) Come Out?

Based on the previous pre-patch release dates, I've narrowed the released date for BFA prepatch (patch 8.0) to be on 17th July

What contents are being removed in the prepatch?

If you want to farm, get achievements, experience or complete these content before the prepatch, you have a very little time.
So, forget everything else and do these before it gets removed or retired from the game. Here is the complete list:
  • Mage tower (This is on 24/7 right now so you can do it without having to wait now)
  • Ashran
  • Strand of the Ancients
  • Achievements like Ahead of the Curve & Cutting Edge (and related mounts & achievement points)
  • First Aid Profession is being removed
  • Artifacts
What's New in the patch?

Artifact:
  • Your artifact will go crazy (if you've done the silithus quest) with power until the prepatch and once prepatch hits, it will get overloaded with power, shine brightly for once and fade out.
  • Every artifact traits and bonuses will be removed. 
  • Relics will still be intact and increase the iLVL.
New talents:
  • Some legendary effects and artifact traits have been turned into talents.
Stat Squish:
  • Stat squish will happen again just like before, abilities will hit for a few hundred to thousand.
  • Globally all iLVL and numbers will be squished.
  • Your iLVL and equipped gear iLVL will drop as well.
Global Cooldown Changes:
  • A few class ability have been added into the GCD timers, so you might not be able to spam them as much as before.
PVP Changes:
  • Conquest points making a return allowing you to earn gear by doing PVP stuff.
  • Honor level is now account wide instead of per character.
  • Honor earned on all your characters will be added into a total honor level pool.
  • Random Battlegrounds (small BGs) and Random Epic Battlegrounds (for the large BGs of 40 man squads) 
  • In your talent screen, you can Toggle War mode on/off in a city.
  • War mode on makes every zone you travel to become a PvP map.
  • War mode puts players who have made the same selection in the same zone instance.
Servers:
  • PvP servers have been removed and only two types of server are present (Normal and RP)
  • Enabling War mode on character is similar to entering a zone in PvP server earlier.
Prepatch Quests and Story:
  • New story instance has been added you'll get a popup to participate in it.
  • Story quests and a few new world quests relatedto prepatch have been added.
  • Horde vs Alliance story.
  • Mount rewards for participating in prepatch quests.
Loot:
  • Loot options removed, everything is personal loot now.
  • Full guild runs also don't have the option to choose loot, everything is changed to personal loot.
  • Option to change loot settings removed.
Guild & Communities:
  • Blizzard's new Chat interface across Battle.net has inspired this new Guild & Communities UI.
  • You can join and chat in multiple communities on the same character at once.
  • Voice chat has also been added to Guild & Communities
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Phoen1x for this post:
  • camoril, Fredet, kickr, nailtru
I can't see the guide..am I being dumb?
(07-04-2018, 04:15 PM)kickr Wrote: I can't see the guide..am I being dumb?

The post has a list of things you can expect coming in the new prepatch. So, sort of a survival guide for the patch.
(07-04-2018, 04:15 PM)kickr Wrote: I can't see the guide..am I being dumb?

On mobile or PC? As I see it fine
If you have any issue with a link. Pm me for a alternative
From mobile the list is not available at least I cannot see it. I’ll check later on desktop.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Khinrot for this post:
  • Phoen1x
(07-04-2018, 04:43 PM)Khinrot Wrote: From mobile the list is not available at least I cannot see it. I’ll check later on desktop.

I've fixed the issue, it should be working now. 
Thanks for the feedback  Smile
(07-04-2018, 05:41 PM)Phoen1x Wrote:
(07-04-2018, 04:43 PM)Khinrot Wrote: From mobile the list is not available at least I cannot see it. I’ll check later on desktop.

I've fixed the issue, it should be working now. 
Thanks for the feedback  Smile

Ah! It was via my mobile.

Thanks Phoen1x! Heart
The prepatch is kind of underwhelming imo. There isn't a lot to do, but that's fine. Legion was packed with content anyway. Still hyped up for BfA though!
I can't see the guide
(07-21-2018, 03:55 PM)JackMuc Wrote: The prepatch is kind of underwhelming imo. There isn't a lot to do, but that's fine. Legion was packed with content anyway. Still hyped up for BfA though!

Legion pre-patch was the best. BfA was very underwhelming compared to that.