Dismiss this notice
Hey there, welcome to MetaWoW please Create an account to access the entire forum.

Do not share list
Do not share list

1. Zygor Guides.
  2. Curse Premium.

Sharing download links or posting them in the Download section is disallowed and will result in infraction.
Why can we not share Zygor guides anymore?
because zygorguides owner found out about the links and complained that hes losing customers for a paid addon wich is (if im not mistaken) against the rules.
You are correct, this is from a blue post about the add-on development policy

1) Add-ons must be free of charge.
All add-ons must be distributed free of charge. Developers may not create "premium" versions of add-ons with additional for-pay features, charge money to download an add-on, charge for services related to the add-on, or otherwise require some form of monetary compensation to download or access an add-on.
So it's against the rules of WoW for him to sell the addon, but when you post the addon for free he gets mad? I'm a little confused here lol.
As it was explained to me, he doesn't sell the addon. What he's selling are the guides, which are files that the addon uses. It's like giving away free beer because selling it without a license is illegal, but selling the bottle opener at $3.50 a pop. Sucks, but seems to work. Thing is, he's not missing out on any money. Most people that come here are looking for it as a reference guide, and don't really need it... And sure as hell aren't going to pay that kind of price for.
(09-16-2016, 10:27 PM)Zee27 Wrote:
You must post a reply below to unlock this link
So it's against the rules of WoW for him to sell the addon, but when you post the addon for free he gets mad? I'm a little confused here lol.

They have found a loophole around the TOS in that they are selling the guides for free but the module that runs them cost the money or some thing along those lines. We were ranking in first place for many Zygor related keywords ahead of the official site, but these past few weeks we were reaching rank 1 for the official zygor keyword too which was really hurting their business.
Think of it this way you want to buy something and a site selling it for free comes up as first result when you search for exact thing on Google this will almost completely stop your business.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Phoen1x for this post:
  • Zee27
no option to release it under a different name ? :p so that it doesnt pop up as zygor guide
(09-17-2016, 05:54 AM)Phoen1x Wrote:
(09-16-2016, 10:27 PM)Zee27 Wrote:

They have found a loophole around the TOS in that they are selling the guides for free but the module that runs them cost the money or some thing along those lines. We were ranking in first place for many Zygor related keywords ahead of the official site, but these past few weeks we were reaching rank 1 for the official zygor keyword too which was really hurting their business.
Think of it this way you want to buy something and a site selling it for free comes up as first result when you search for exact thing on Google this will almost completely stop your business.

Thanks for the explanation.
well this sucks there is no way in hell im spending over 80$ a year for an addon which should be free in the first place. guess its time to go back to leveling the long way where i zig zag across the game zones constantly wasting gold on flights >.< thanks for the heads up tho kinda bummed Sad
Phoen1x,

Thanks for the update mate. It stinks but I completely understand. you don't want to loose your fantastic site because of these guys. Guess I'll try to learn how to use dugi guides.
(09-17-2016, 01:26 PM)duke91 Wrote:
well this sucks there is no way in hell im spending over 80$ a year for an addon which should be free in the first place. guess its time to go back to leveling the long way where i zig zag across the game zones constantly wasting gold on flights >.< thanks for the heads up tho kinda bummed Sad

You can use Dugi guides and you don't have to sub for Zygor for a full year, usually leveling gets over in around a month if you have a Raf buddy.

(09-17-2016, 02:36 PM)Helgar Wrote:
Phoen1x,

Thanks for the update mate.  It stinks but I completely understand. you don't want to loose your fantastic site because of these guys.  Guess I'll try to learn how to use dugi guides.
Thanks for understanding.
ah ok i will check out dugi and i have no raf buddy i mainly play solo(not many friendsSad ) plus i have a bad habit of leveling toons on many serversTongue i will take your advice on dugi tho and i totally understand why you had to remove any and all zygor stuff.
(09-17-2016, 09:31 PM)duke91 Wrote:
ah ok i will check out dugi and i have no raf buddy i mainly play solo(not many friendsSad ) plus i have a bad habit of leveling toons on many serversTongue i will take your advice on dugi tho and i totally understand why you had to remove any and all zygor stuff.

There are many places you can find a RaF buddy, check reddit here 
ok!not share!thanks